Who are the Global Friends team?
The Global Friends Team is a group of adults and children within the St Mary's community who have a passion for learning about the world around them.
We meet every Friday breaktime and discuss global issues. We plan and host events throughout the year, which you will be able to read more about soon, but just to give you some idea of the things we have been up to here's a selection:
- We hosted a cake sale to raise money for our sponsored child's school fees
- We conducted a global hunger quiz to raise awareness about the 'If' Campaign
- We sent letters to our partner school in Mityana, Uganda
- We held a bring and buy sale to raise money to buy everyday essentials for our sponsored child
- We created a display to inform children about other countries
If you are a child at St Mary's and are interested in becoming a Global Friend, please come along to the meeting in Class 9 on Friday breaktimes.