We believe that school uniform looks smart and contributes to a sense community. All of our pupils wear the uniform and parents are strongly encouraged to support us in this. Variations for ethnic or cultural groups will be accommodated and should be discussed personally with the Headteacher.
Winter uniform (to be worn during the autumn and spring terms) includes:
- Grey trousers/shorts/skirts/pinafore dresses
- White shirts (long or short sleeved)
- School tie *
- Green St Mary’s Logo sweatshirt or cardigan *
- Grey or green tights
- White or grey socks
- Black shoes (which support feet and have sensible grip, no heels, boots or sandals are permitted)
- Long hair should be tied back with green/black/brown bands or accessories
In addition summer uniform (to be worn during the summer term only) includes:
- Summer dresses – green check
- Grey shorts
- White polo shirt
- Plain white polo short / t-shirt
- Plain dark green shorts
- White socks
- Green/black or dark blue tracksuit bottoms and top for outdoor PE in colder weather
No jewellery should be worn. Watches are permitted. **
For safety reasons the wearing of earrings is discouraged as it poses a risk, especially in PE. Where earings are worn, they should be plain small studs and it is the parents responsibility to provide tape or plasters to cover earings that a child cannot remove themselves for PE. Variations for ethnic or cultural groups will be accommodated and should be discussed personally with the Headteacher.
Items marked with a * are available from Skoolkit- https://www.skoolkit.co.uk/ all other items can be easily purchased from most supermarkets or high street stores.
** The school accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any earrings or watches worn to school.
Please note: All clothing should be clearly named to help minimise lost property.