WELCOME TO OUR NEW LINKS PAGE - WHEN YOUR TEACHER FINDS A USEFUL LINK FOR YOUR LEARNING THEY WILL ADD IT BELOW.
Please note, St Mary's Junior cannot be held responsible for external websites and their content.
Pupils should check with their parents before visiting any new websites.
Know it all?
Click here for a link to a variety of games that use maths skills: http://www.primarygames.co.uk/
Help with tables? Click here for some games: http://www.teachingtables.co.uk/
For some fun time games click: http://www.teachingtime.co.uk/
Awesome videos on maths (you will be singing them yourself): http://www.adamup.co.uk/
American based (so dollars and cents instead of £ and p) but worth a visit: http://www.coolmath4kids.com/
Another american website with some mathematical games(As with any online gaming - do not enter your real name or provide any personal details!): http://www.math-play.com/
Very addictive and mathematical: http://www.mathsgames.com/
BOOK WEEK LINKS
Myths and Legends website - http://myths.e2bn.org/
Fun Websites to learn about the Orchestra:
- Carnegie Hall – The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra (Adventure game) - http://listeningadventures.carnegiehall.org/ypgto/index.aspx
- The BBC Guide to the Orchestra - http://www.bbc.co.uk/orchestras/learn/guidetotheorchestra/
- The San Francisco Symphony Orchestra – instruments of the orchestra and games - http://www.sfskids.org/templates/instorchframe.asp?pageid=3
- A description of the instruments in “Peter and the Wolf” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKgy5ztbXZU
- Animation of “Peter and the Wolf” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILI3s7Wonvg&feature=related
- Listen and investigate the instruments of the orchestra - http://www.nsokids.org/
- Musical mystery game - http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/schools/4_11//music/mm/
- Fun game (you need a microphone or something similar) - http://www.joytunes.com/game.php
Making Music Online
- Make musical journeys: http://www.isleoftune.com/
- 3 Fun simple grid music making: http://tonematrix.audiotool.com/, http://inudge.net/ and http://www.beatlab.com/
- Ball dropping music game: http://www.balldroppings.com/js/
- Exploring and creating music: http://www.soundjunction.org/default.aspa
- Simple but fun composing game: http://www.incredibox.com/en/play
- Another musical grid: http://www.beatlab.com/create