Year 3 Music Learning at home
Year 3 – Instruments of the Orchestra Project
Welcome to the Summer Term!
This half term we will be learning about the Instruments of the Orchestra.
Choose one activity a week to complete (see below) starting with the Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra game below. More activities will be added as time goes by.
Listen to the music, play the game and try and get to the end and save all the instruments of the orchestra. Don’t forget to always read the book and click to listen to all the instruments.
If you don’t have the Internet, listen to Classic FM on the radio (or the TV often has this too) and try and work out which instruments you can hear. How are they played? What are they made of? What the music makes you imagine – can you draw this?
Home Learning Tasks - CHOOSE an activity you like the look of
A choice of activities depending on what you like to do - CHOOSE ONE (or do them all!)
1. A Wordsearch (see attachments below)
2. A Powerpoint game (see attachments below)
3. A set of colouring and labelling activities (see attachment below)
4. Websites to explore:
5. Download the free ebook about the Orchestra. Information about this can be found on the powerpoint attached below called "Guide to the Orchestra".
6. Make your own "stand up" orchestra (or just choose a few instruments to make a band) - see attachment below for a print, cut and colour activity. Talk about how the instrument is played and what sounds it makes.
1/6/20 SOMETHING DIFFERENT - look at the "Keep Calm and Make Music" powerpoint below
Instrument Families - BRASS, WOODWIND, STRINGS, PERCUSSION