Sora (accessing ebooks and audiobooks)
We have access to a wide library of texts through use of the Sora app. Pupils can access a range of titles as eBooks or audiobooks. The selection of titles continues to grow and has there is a range of classic and current fiction and non-fiction to choose from. Each child at our school will have a unique login. If they are unsure about what this is, they should ask their class teacher.
To access the Sora app, you can visit the webpage: https://soraapp.com/welcome
You can also download the Sora app from the application store on your device with both Apple and Android devices having functioning apps.
Once on the main page,
1) Select 'Find my school'.
2) Rather than searching by using your device's location, select 'No, I'll search for my school'.
3) Search for 'Hampshire School Library Service'. This is where most children find difficulties. They search for our school name but this will not come up at this stage. You must select 'Hampshire School Library Service' and our school name is found within there.
4) Scroll until you find: 'St Mary's CoE VA Junior School'. Select this.
5) Type in your/your child's username and password.
6) Enjoy the selection of titles!
If you are unable to access your/your child's account, please do your/their class teacher aware so they can work to sort this out for you.